The conference days are approaching fast. We will meet online on the Zoom platform. Please find below the program and other useful information (all times are given in Eastern European Standard Time):
Organized by the Technical University of Cluj-Napoca, Romania, Department of Design Engineering and Robotics, Romanian Association for Nonconventional Technologies and the Romanian Association for Alternative Technologies Sibiu (A.R.T.A. Sibiu) the joint conference aims to showcase the most recent developments in the areas of quality and innovation engineering and management and production engineering in order to stimulate the exchange of valuable opinions and contributions by academia and industry. This year, the QIEM conference celebrates 10 years from its first edition, while ICNcT will be organized for the 21st time.
Theme & topics
The proposed theme for the current challenging year is:
Quality and Innovation & Nonconventional Technologies in the post-pandemic world
The submitted papers are encouraged to address particularly, the following topics:
- Digitalization of products, processes, and organizations;
- The role of smart systems in remote operations;
- Servitization and extended product business models;
- Data analytics for intelligent decision-making in uncertainty conditions;
- Product and production quality during and after the health crisis;
- Innovations for tackling pandemic related challenges;
- IoT as a basis for the connected world: benefits and risks;
- Quality and innovation for Industry 4.0;
- Micro and nanotechnologies and materials for emergency situations;
- Nonconventional and additive approaches for quick response manufacturing;
- Basic physical phenomena and processes of the nonconventional procedures;
- Experimental research for nonconventional processing technologies;
- Nonconventional technologies management and other nonconventional processes;
- Nonconventional forms of energy and low carbon systems;
- Education and entrepreneurship for a more resilient society.
Papers will be peer-reviewed and the proceedings will be published in electronic format. An author must be registered for presentation. One author can have a maximum of two papers included.
Accepted papers will be published in special issues of the journals ACTA TECHNICA NAPOCENSIS – Series: APPLIED MATHEMATICS, MECHANICS, AND ENGINEERING (https://atna-mam.utcluj.ro/index.php/Acta) – indexed in ISI-ESCI and the REVIEW OF NONCONVENTIONAL TECHNOLOGIES (http://revtn.ro/index.php/revtn/about) – under evaluation to be indexed in ISI-ESCI.
|Submission of full papers||October 15th, 2021 (fixed)|
|Acceptance/review notification of papers||October 30th, 2021|
|Submission of camera-ready version||November 10th, 2021|
|Conference participants||100 €|
|PhD student and industry attendants||50 €|